Tuesday, October 5, 2010

U.B.


when my cousin was young saying Uncle Mike was more of a challenge then anticipated. So instead of saying Mike, it was more like Muck, which then turned into Buck. Yes my Uncle was the original Uncle Buck, and he did the name proud. Standing at an astounding 6'5 my Uncle was the life of all parties. He told inappropriate jokes, flipped you off as a sign of love, and was my favorite uncle.

Every single family gathering, without failure, he would come up to me, give me a big hug and tell me i get prettier and prettier every time he sees me. I always loved that. He passed last thursday but Uncle Buck went out with a bang. It was his birthday on wednesday and we all gathered around his hospital bed to sing him a happy birthday and just as we were finishing he slowly mustered up enough energy to flip us all off. It was the perfect Uncle Buck moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment